Sunday, October 01, 2006

7 weeks sisterloc'd

Month 2 SLs
Oct 1, 2006 - 40 Photos
Still going strong. Click the album cover to view my Picasaweb Albums.


So I woke today and my inner diva was MIA. I couldn't find anything to wear to church, all my favorite jeans (well actually all my jeans period) were in the laundry and no matter what I did, I didn't feel good. In the end... I think it is this extended week of PMS (I know..tmi) I am having but none the less I needed to feel great.


I know my loctician would scold me if she knew, but I decided to go get my locs styled. I had done about all I could with the straight, roller set, ponytail, headband... I needed something exciting. I've been dying to pull my SLs up since I got them but havent figured out a plan that works that I can do myself. So I called Dreadz N Heads, a natural hair care center and was able to walk in. I didn't let them wash my locks (as most salons would have required) since I washed last weekend and my locticitian insists its better if I hold out to every two weeks (I think she is scared of slippage-- plus she knows I used something other than the SL shampoo). Anyhoo... I went in and for 10 bucks, Ms Keisha, hooked me right up. Not quite sure how she did it, but she just twisted me up in the back and on the sides and put two tiny bantu-like knots in the top. She did secure the back by wrapping a loc around, but she assured me that it would be real easy to get out.. all I'd have to do is shake it.


Anyways... my retightening is on Friday so I have to ditch this before my loctitian sees it... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...mums the word. One of the guys that ushers with me at Bridgeway Community church has locs and he said he goes to that salon. I'm glad I tried it. The owner, and loctitian, Malaika, is doing styles for $25 for photo shoot on 10/15. I know... I know... I am not supposed to be having all this fun with my locks just yet, but I hate bondage. I'm not sure why if I can braid and band my hair to wash it, why can't I braid/twist it and wear it? Plus my maintenance is Friday so it won't be for long and it's not like I'm undoing my loctitians hard work. Ok... so I know this post was ghastly long but I had to get it all out. Thanks for listening. Check out Malaika's bio and visit Dreadz N Heads if you are seeking a loctitian or even just a natural stylist.

Comments:
Grrrrrl, you are having too much fun with that camera!!!

Your locks look awesome! Have you noticed any difference now that you've had them for 2 months?
 
Nice locs!!!
 
I jsut realized I didn't answer the question you left on my blog regarding my locktitian, Iva. While I hesitate to quote her prices, she has given me permission to give out her number: 240-643-3095. Just let her know you got her number from me (for some reason, she calls me Miss Denise, instead of plain ol' Denise. lol!!!).
 
Okay, you are working those hair styles. You betta go gurllll!!!! I like :)

Abena
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?